The most famous Korean-pop band in the world is trapped on an island! And it is our responsibility to rescue them! BTS Island is a building, RPG game made by HYBE IM Co Ltd and the game has already amassed a million downloads! It is, of course, expected, as the BTS fans, known as the “BTS Army” had been waiting for this for some time. Hence, we present to you, the Beginners Guide for BTS Island: In the SEOM. It will give both the Army and non-Army gamers a headstart, and enable you to get into the world of BTS.
The story here is fairly short and simple. The BTS band members: RM, j-hope, Jin, SUGA, Jimin, V, and Jung Kook are stuck on an island. Their boat crashed into it accidentally, and now they have to find resources to survive and wait for rescue. They have been in contact with the Bang PD, but they could not get through to them, so they have decided to forage and explore the island. They are hoping to find something useful, and that is where the gameplay begins.
Introducing the basics of BTS Island: In the SEOM
The primary way of gameplay in BTS Island is the fairly simple Match-3 format. It is very similar to Candy Crush, and we have to match 3 or more of the same color together to collect it. We can play this without spending any energy like some other similar games.
The match-3 board has a finite number of moves. We have to collect the required amount of the specified colored blocks to clear the level. On some boards, we have to cover the whole board with a mat by clearing out the non-covered spaces. We start from Level 1 and go up from there, level 2, level 3, and so on. After completing the levels, we get stars that will be used in the secondary gameplay.
In BTS Island, like in other Match-3 games, there are different powerups for clearing the blocks. Let’s take a look at the basic power-ups among them, and see how they help us in effectively clearing the board.
- Rocket Power-Ups: Rocket Power-ups can be made when 4 blocks are connected. This leads to a rocket forming, and when we connect this Rocket to any block, the rocket will completely clear that block’s row or column. For example, if we connect 4 red blocks horizontally, then a horizontal rocket will form, and if we connect this rocket to any block above or below the current row, then the rocket will clear out the entire affected row The same applies to vertical rockets in terms of columns.
- Bomb Power-Ups: Connecting 5 blocks in a T or L shape will form a Bomb Power-up. As in other games like this, regardless of which color block, we connect it with, it will explode and clear the blocks in a large area around it.
- Blast Power-Ups: The Blast Power-up is one of the best power-ups in the game. Connecting 5 blocks of the same color in a straight line will form this. If we connect it with a particular color, then it will clear out all the blocks of that color that are currently on the board. If we double-tap the power-up, it will clear out blocks of random colors in its vicinity.
- Top Power-Ups: Top power-ups form when we connect 4 blocks in a square. When we connect this with any other block, or double-tap it, it spins to a colored block that is part of the required number of blocks. For example, if we connect 4 blue blocks in a square, a rocket will form. Suppose we need to collect 10 red colored blocks to complete the level, then regardless of connecting or double-tapping the Top, the power-up will always spin and clear out a red block.
- The BTS BOMB: At the left of the screen, a “BTS BOMB Meter” is present. Over the course of a level, the more power-ups we use, the faster this meter fills up. When it fills up completely, a very big “BTS BOMB” will explode on the board. This bomb will clear up a very large area, making it easier to reach that level’s goal. This is the best power-up in the game.
Focus on the in-game Missions
The stars we collect from the Match-3 gameplay will be useful for the secondary gameplay. Each mission needs a minimum of 1 star to begin, while some missions require 2 stars. The secondary gameplay of BTS Island is where we complete missions. Here, we have a journal/diary where we get a list of missions every day.
As we complete the missions one by one, we get more. These missions involve cutscenes and dialogues, and we get to see the band members interact. The chibi avatars of the BTS members will be a very adorable sight for the BTS Army. The missions, along with the members’ interacting, also involve them building houses, cooking, and just enjoying each other’s company.
The BTS members have Happiness levels. This is the stat that enables them to equip special costumes. These costumes are available as their happiness levels increase. Though for some costumes, premium currency is required. There are also choices to make on BTS Island. As the game progresses, the BTS members ask for our advice. This is in the form of choices, where we can choose from the different members’ responses. Whose response we choose will affect the other members. Also, the member whose response we choose will have increased happiness.
Upon reaching level 30, we can join clubs. In clubs, we can play together with BTS Armies and fans. This social aspect is a very big part of the BTS Army community, and therefore the clubs have so far proven to be an amazing feature in the game.
Understanding the in-game Resources and Accessories
Following is the list of current resources found in BTS Island: In the SEOM that are accessible to beginners:
- Stars: Stars are used for starting the missions. The cutscenes, the dialogues, etc, all need stars to play out. As stated before, we collect these by completing the match-3 levels. We can only collect 1 star per level though, so it is best to stock up on a bunch of stars before starting the missions.
- Gold: Gold can be earned through completing the missions in the Secondary Gameplay. The main purpose of Gold here is to purchase extra lives and moves when we run out of them. Gold is also the only resource we can use to buy special powerups like the Axe and the Glove.
- Life: We get 5 lives upon starting the game, and we lose one life every time we run out of moves and don’t purchase any extra lives with gold.
- Gems: These gems are the premium currency. We can use diamonds to buy a lot of exclusive accessories. Diamonds can only be purchased with real money.
In BTS Island, the members can equip their favorite costumes and different accessories like hats, glasses, and such. Some of these accessories’ slots are unlocked upon reaching a certain happiness level with a member, and some of these are exclusive, and can only be bought with real money.
Along with costumes, you can also unlock real-life photos of the members. These are unlocked when you choose their options during gameplay, and when their happiness increases.
BTS Island: In the SEOM Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
Here are some of our tips in our BTS Island: In the SEOM Beginners Guide to help you, newbies, to kickstart your journey.
- Always make sure that you complete your daily missions. Completing them greatly helps with your progress.
- Increasing the members’ happiness level is very important so that they can unlock new costume slots and accessory slots.
- Only spend gems on the most exclusive and rare costumes.
- Buying moves with gold may seem like a good move at the time, but this will deplete your gold very fast. Hence, it is better to just give up a life and save the gold for later to buy special power-ups.
So go ahead and give it a try! If you find trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back on this BTS Island: In the SEOM beginners guide for tips.
That’s all from us for the BTS Island: In the SEOM Beginners Guide! Did you find our BTS Island: In the SEOM beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.